7th Grade

On the first day of 7th grade I expected it to be an easy year. I had all of my supplies and was ready for the worst.

After the first few weeks I knew it was going to be tough. Not because of the work, but because of the people. They would not stop talking. No matter how hard the teacher tried, there was no stopping the talking. It was very hard to learn with all the kids screaming across the room about random stuff. Now that we have iPads it is even worse. Kids are not even trying to hide the fact that they are playing games in class.

I tried sitting with other groups of people at lunch, but they just make fun of other kids. I decided to move to another table that liked exactly  what I liked. Now we say the exact same things at the same, because we have spent so much time together. The people I used to sit with make fun of my new group, but the one thing I really like about my group is that the don’t care what anyone else thinks about them.

Even though people never stop talking, never stop making fun of my friends, and never stop playing on their iPads 7th grade was awesome. I learned so much about science.

2 thoughts on “7th Grade

1. I can so relate to the people talking and playing games in class. I used to sit with other people at lunch too, they just weren’t mean.
    -Jane

2. Good for you for changing groups, Kyle! Sounds like you’ve been strong in the face of some peer pressure and criticism…and that is to your credit.